itchy toesDo itchy toes drive you nuts? Do you suffer from painful burning, unsightly toe nails and constant itching? Stop using ineffective treatments for your painful, itchy toes. Instead, find out what causes that recurring fungus once and for all.

If you suffer from itchy toes you already know how irritating it can be to keep treating the symptoms, and have them keep coming back. Endless tubes of cream and messy powders may work to alleviate your symptoms for a little while, but sometimes even they don’t work.  All too soon, your toes are starting to itch again. Is there a treatment for foot fungus that will cure it once and for all?

To find out how to cure foot fungus, maybe you need to look more closely into the underlying cause of the problem. You just might be dealing with a case of Candida overgrowth.

Itchy Toes May Be Caused By Candida Overgrowth

Most people who have or have had itchy toes caused by foot fungus know all too well the burning red patches between your toes. This condition could be a symptom of Candida overgrowth.

Here are some other symptoms of itchy toes caused by Candida overgrowth:

• Scaly skin combined with itching.
• Sore, reddened skin between your toes.
• Mild to intense itching, particularly in the areas around and between your toes.
• A clammy, soggy feeling between your toes, along with itchiness.
• Inflammation and burning.
• Fissures (small cracks) in the skin on your feet, especially between and around the toes.
• Thick, yellow toenails
• Occasionally, people with foot fungus have the same problems on their hands.

In addition to itchy toes, foot fungus can cause your feet to develop horny growths, calluses, corns, warts or build-up, especially around the edges of your heels. The nutrients in this thickened skin continue to feed the fungus, making it even more difficult to get rid of. If you have a Candida infection, then your problems are likely to be even more intense. No wonder you can’t figure out how to cure foot fungus.

Itchy toes may be just one sign of a serious health problem

Serious problems with the skin on your feet are usually caused by a combination of bacteria and fungi. If you’re suffering from foot fungus as a complication of a Candida overgrowth problem, then you might be having other problems as well, which you may have never thought could be related to your case of itchy toes. These symptoms include things like frequent headaches, troublesome ear aches that seem to come from nowhere, and digestive difficulties, including diarrhea and constipation, sometimes one after another.

itchy toesMany people who suffer from Candida overgrowth never even know it. Because the symptoms can be seemingly unrelated, it may be difficult to diagnose. Look into what causes Candida and learn about ways you can deal with it. By treating and eliminating your Candida overgrowth, you may just find the answer to how to cure your itchy toes for good.

This entry was posted in Health, Nutrition and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Itchy Toes Driving You Crazy? Don’t Just Treat the Symptoms, Find Out What Is Causing Your Itchy Toes

1. gregory says:

keeping the toe nail well trimmed ca help reduce the itching.A REGULAR SOAKING OF THE FEET IN SALTY,GARLIC WATER IS ALSO RECOMMENDED.

2. Margaret says:

I had an itchy foot. It was not between the toes or on the heel like all the other web places I searched said. My foot itched all over the top half of my foot. From my arch to my toes. When I read this website I did further research on candida overgrowth and found that that was exactly what I had. I did not use honey or baby powder. I did find a special cream though that made it go away almost instantly. It is called “clotrimazole and betamethasone cream. I don’t know how I got candida overgrowth, but I assume it is from doing lacrosse camp after it rained with only regular tennis shoes and not cletes.

3. anne says:

wao i have been suffering for a long time used alot of medication which only relieve for a few days and starts again. will try the honey today Thanks for the advise

4. Joey says:

I had right toes (small toes) itching for like nearly 10 yrs. Initially, it was not that bad. Only slight itchiness..then it gets worst. I’ve used Lotrimin Spray and it worked a few yrs back, then it didnt work anymore. Then I switched to Oregano oil (80% carvacol), and it worked., but then after abt 6 -9 months, it gets back. I have changed shoes and also decontaminate my shoes with chlorox!. I also used to use miconazole nitrate cream, ketoconazole cream, which also didnt work anymore. The itchiness, when its bad, its really crazy. Today I bumped on this page, after I google around.,and I did tried to use honey, but unfortunately, it did not work. I had to use salicyclic acid and rub on the toes, so that the itchiness is relieved, but it gets back like after 4 hr. And the topical salicylic acid is very drying and also contributed to itchiness I think.
    Somehow feeling at a loss, I remembered reading about how candida / fungus is susceptible to EDTA. I took some of the powder I got from the lab (Na-EDTA) and sprinkled it on my wet toes, and “sand it over”. I felt sharp pain at some places (because I have scraped it so bad) but after a few mins., it was gone, and the itchiness is also gone. Now I am thinking why didnt I tried it ever before? I guess EDTA can be a lasting solution? as EDTA is simply a chelating agent that is quite strong and relatively inert to the toes skin. Time will tell.

5. Louis Jonker says:

I suffered with this condition for approx a year during 2012. Finally received advice which miraculously cured the condition. I would like to pass on the info. Soak feet in 50/50 solution of normal spirit vinegar until skin softens. Thereafter after every bath or shower, dry the feet and apply hand sanitiser to the affected areas. The product I used is sold in South Africa under the brand name “Dettol Hand Sanitiser”

6. shaikhah says:

thank you very much .. you have solved a prplem for me ,i suffered itching toes suddenly and i searched for that ,, then suprisngly i descovered that the candida ovegrwoth is the proplem
    i would like to add another symtom for that scince it keeps coming with me
    (itching in the outer vaginal area of no resone exept over eating sugger that day or a previous day) thanks for your effort

7. I’m glad you found some temporary relief for your symptoms. For longer term relief, please look at the section on detoxing and cleansing.

8. Obadiaj Rangstrom says:

I am plagued with itchy feet and it drives me Fn bonkers. Nothing helps but I have found that if you wash them in cold water and steep them in cold water, as cold as you can take then dab them dry, for some odd reason it cools then for the evening.

9. Pianocs says:

I have one big itchy toe after having a pedicure at a nail spa. Any thoughts what could be causing the itching? I have never experienced itchy toes or fingers before until now.
    Thank you!

10. Maria says:

I have for a number of weeks tried a number of products to relieve itching and fungal problem in my feet. About three days ago I was desperate to find an alternative answer or remedy due to the annoying ich, when I read about raw honey, I did not have any at hand but did have capsules of Royal Jelly and open a capsule to spread its content on my affected toes. I went to sleep and it worked like magic, the iching is gone and my toes are healing from this persistant fungal problem. What a wonderful natural remedy. Thank you!!

11. Hi Terri,I’m not familiar with raw honey as a treatment for itchy toes or foot fungus, however it seems several of my readers have given it a try. I certainly understand the need to alleviate the annoying and persistent itchiness, however, the point of the article is that the REAL cause is an internal Candida overgrowth. For permanent relief, you will need to eliminate the Candida as well. This can be done using a natural detoxification process, as explained on the detox and cleanse review page. Good luck getting rid of your itchy toes!Mary Ann

12. Terri robinson says:

Could you explain the raw honey deal to me for the itchy toes and fungus under the toenail? i just found your site and I was reading what some of your readers are saying what has been working for them and it sounds like the honey is it.

13. G’Day! Mary Ann Mackay,
    On a similar note,, Tinea cruris is the medical term for jock itch wherein it affects the groin and thighs of the males. Derived from people who sweat a lot especially athletes, tinea cruris is commonly called jock itch these days. This is common amongst adult men and adolescents. It is also possible that women and overweight people can acquire this problem.
    Keep up the posts!

14. Hello Joyce,I certainly understand how persistent itchy toes can be – regardless of the external treatment.Have you done any detoxing or cleansing? A lot of times itchy toes are just an external symptom of an internal imbalance. A thorough total body cleanse program may give you some long term relief. And be a lot less messy!You can read more about cleansing at http://healthwellnessconnection.com/reviews/detox-and-cleanse/I hope you are itch free soon!Mary Ann MacKay

15. Joyce says:

Going to try the honey treatment tonight. I have been suffering from itchy toes and many of the above symptoms since February. Three lots of antibiotics later and 4 types of different cream later still no results. I have started using baby powder between my toes to stop them rubbing together, and lavender cream under my feet to keep them supple, but I am always applying the stuff, but it does work – sort of. So now I am going to try honey – can’t be any worse than it is now.

16. I’m so glad you found something to relieve your itchy toes. Glad I could help.

17. Roque says:

I had itchy toes for more then 20 years and tried every thing (I thought) till I read your posting a month ago about using HONEY. I am soo please I came back to thank you. THANKS A LOT!!!!!

18. Zemindar says:

For over 20 years I have had athletes foot and/or toe nail fungus. I read the side effects of a prescription medicine and thought the cure sounded potentially worse than the ailment so for over two decades I dealt with the insane itching and treated it unsuccessfully with over-the-counter medications and ointments. My feet always itched and never went more than two days without itching.

About two months ago I read about raw honey being anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial. I thought what the heck, it’s worth a try. I rubbed the honey on my feet put my socks on and the itching was gone. I slept that way all night. The itching didn’t return until three days later so I used the honey again. I haven’t had itchy feet now for three weeks. My toenails are still ugly but they’re looking better and the skin on my feet looks healthy again! Raw honey has done the job that medicine never did for me and better yet, there are no bad side effects!